Monday, March 30, 2009

i think i'm turning japanese

so today is my first official day in japan and so far so good, i think.

the flight was a bit crappy, was shoved between three other people in the middle section of the plane AND we were the last row before the toilet, so every time someone flushed we woke up. but the food was good!

i've been successfully utilising my japanese skills, mostly by saying, 'suimasen, ego ga wakarimaska?', which means, 'excuse me, do you speak english?'. just using that phrase has helped me buy credit for my phone, buy a train ticket, make my way to an ancient temple and store my bags at the airport. pretty good methinks!

ps - it's cherry blossom season next week! can't wait to see all the pretty flowers.

1 comment:

  1. japan gave washington dc cherry blossoms and when they bloom every year (for just ONE WEEK only) it is the most beautiful sight youll ever see!

    glad you are safely there...also cant believe the translation of do you speak english has no words or sounds that resemble anything! CONFUSING!

    xx

    ReplyDelete